Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I love the feeling of starting a new year. There is something about a blank slate that really appeals to me.

I have so many goals and changes that I want to make in 2009. There are changes I want to make in pretty much ALL areas of my life. I tried to limit myself to 3 goals in each area!

Food:
* Reduce processed foods in favor of whole, natural foods
* Enjoy dinners slowly with a glass of wine and candle
* Make a weekly meal plan; do "slow cooking" of beans and grains in advance


Exercise:
* Run at least 3x/week
* Strength training at least 2x/week
* Core and/or flexibility training at least 1x/week (yoga, pilates)


Personal:
* Daily quiet time (even if only for 5 minutes); Use meditation beads
* Use creativity by drawing more, cross-stitching, making art
* Read daily (alternating fiction and non-fiction books)


Appearance:
* Buy new clothes when I reach my goal weight
* Take better care of my skin and hair
* Give myself a manicure weekly


Relationships:
* Be nicer
* Talk less, listen more
* Spend more time with my family


Financial:
* Save more money
* Use mint.com (or a written log) to record everything I spend
* Spend less on weekend entertainment


Organization: (This is an area I really improved in 2008!)
* Continue to do laundry weekly
* Continue to keep closet, car, and dresser clean and organized
* Return borrowed items in a more timely manner (especially books)

1 comment:

Blaire said...

Don't you just love mint.com? I laughed when I got an email notification that I was over my food/grocery allowance after only about two weeks of setting my budget balance!:o) It's interesting, almost scary, to see where all your money goes when its pie graphed right in front of you!

Good luck on keeping your goals!!

Happy New Year!!