Sunday, December 14, 2008

You Better Run!

"You better run all day, And run all night. And keep your dirty feelings deep inside."

I had the best run today!!! I think it was my favorite run to date.

I was covered from head to toe (literally) in gifts from loved ones during my run today! I was wearing:

My survivor buff as a headband to catch sweat (from my parents)
My black tank top (birthday present from my parents)
Sports bra (bought with a gift card from my friend C)
Running shorts with built in undies (from sister)
Black socks (from sister)
iPod (from R)

The only thing I was wearing that I personally bought were my shoes!

Before my run I had a yummy breakfast of greek yogurt (oh how I'd missed greek yogurt!!) with honey and granola. I drank a bit of grape G2 afterwards.



I waited about 45 minutes until my stomach was settled before I started my run.

While I ran, I listened to my new christmas present: a purple iPOD Nano!



I listened to the Twilight Soundtrack, Pink's FunHouse, and Britney's Circus during my run. It was great!!!

I had to walk 3 times during my 6.2 miles today. I was hoping to only walk once at the 3.1 mile marker, but oh well. And unlike Pink Floyd's song, I did NOT "Run like Hell" - my average was a slow and steady 4.9mph. But I was so happy during the run (that never happens to me!) that I didn't even care that I didn't meet my goals for today's run. Here are my stats:



After my long runs each weekend I've been getting SICK and feeling weak for about 2 hours. I had read that for any run longer than an hour, it was a good idea to either eat sport beans or energy gels during the run. I'm nervous about choking on the beans while running, so a few days ago I picked up a couple energy gels at meijer. They are $1.12 each. (Which is a bit expensive IMHO.) I was originally planning on waiting until closer to my half marathon until I starting using these gels, but after last weekend's sickness after running, I broke down and bought a couple.



This was the GROSSEST THING EVER. The texture of the gel was just horrible, too. But, IT WORKED. I took it at 4 miles, and I felt GREAT. There wasn't a burst of energy for me or anything, but I just felt happy and good - with no upset stomach or sickness after the run. Def worth the $1.12. (BTW, I will only be taking these once a week - on runs that are going to be over an hour long.)

2 comments:

Moran said...

What a great run Brooke! I wish I could go on for so long!

Blaire said...

I love your new ipod! And purple at that!!:o) I've never seen purple! Way to go on your run! You're doing great!