Monday, November 03, 2008

PF in the AM

This morning I got up at 6:30am (even though I decided I could've gotten up at 8am and still made it to work on time!) and had breakfast. I just had a simple bowl of Kashi GoLean cereal with skim milk and OJ.



I headed out the door at 7am and went to the gym. I did the "PF Express" circuit training at Planet Fitness. It's a 30 minute strength training area that also incorporates step aerobics. I really like it! Then I did a little bit of stretching and started getting ready for work.

I was all clean and ready for work by 8:15 and work is only 5 minutes from the gym, so I had some extra time. I decided to go to Meijer where I got some shampoo and some generic one-a-day multivitamins.

For lunch I had the blackbean soup that I made yesterday. It was VERY LOOSELY based on a Rachael Ray recipe that I had made a long time ago. This is one of those soups that doesn't taste that great when it's first made, but tastes AWESOME the next day because it needs time for the flavors to develop. I pretty much just threw anything in this soup that I had on hand and sounded good to me at the moment:

1 can of black beans, the empty can's worth of water with a little chicken bouillon, 1 1/2 plum tomatoes, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, red bell pepper, hot sauce, cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes, chili powder, salt and pepper



I also had carrots, half a bell pepper, and two laughing cow cheese wedges. I had the apple for a 4pm snack.





My "late shift" at work went great. It was so weird being there after dark, though!

For dinner I had the pasta salad that I made last night.



I used whole wheat penne, TJ's pasta seasoning, kalamata olives, goat cheese (!!!), sundried tomatoes, and some of the oil from the sundried tomatoes.



I think I actually preferred the goat cheese to the feta. The goat cheese was so smooth and creamy - YUM! I think this is about the easiest and yummiest pasta salad ever.

I'm taking this week to get used to my new schedule. Since I'm not getting home until 6:30pm, I don't want to have to worry about cooking dinner each night this week. That's why I cooked up the black bean soup and pasta salad yesterday. So unfortunately my food this week will be even more boring than usual because it's gonna be leftovers and/or quick and easy stuff. Oh, well. Maybe next week I'll be used to my schedule and be able to cook in the evenings again!

Terminator's on tonight - Sweet!

1 comment:

BradFam said...

I'm impressed and so proud of you getting up and doing your circuit training! I think it's great if you continue to prepare your meals ahead - even next week - it just makes them that much more aged and seasoned.