On Saturday morning I woke up around 8am and ate an omelet. I am really digging omelets on the weekends. I had two eggs, feta cheese, sundried tomatoes and kalamata olives. It was great and held me over until lunch.
After breakfast we headed into Toledo for 10am hair appointments! R's friend cut and colored my hair. It looks much better than it has in a long while...
Then we went to Chili's for lunch. Boring, I know, but it sounded good at the time. We ordered the "express lunch" which is endless chips and salsa, soup, and salad.
Their chips and salsa ROCKS. (R asks for them to nuke the salsa in the microwave for a few seconds so it's not so cold...)
Anyone who was placing bets on what type of salad dressing I chose to order would've lost because I did NOT pick ranch! Instead I opted for the fat free honey mustard. (Well actually the waitress wasn't sure if it was FF or light, but she THOUGHT it was FF!) It was ok, but I sure know what I choose ranch most of the time!
The star of the meal was the chicken enchilada soup. This stuff is GOOD.
Then we went to mom and dad's house. It was such a nice relaxing evening of hanging out, good conversation, great food, and board games. What could be better?!
For a snack I had mom's homemade hummus with orange bell peppers and tortillas. I also tried a teriyaki chicken wing (which was much better than I expected!).
For dinner we had:
A yummy salad:
Buttered noodles - YUM!!! Those are cracker crumbs on top - I had sooo many of these...
Perfectly cooked pesto chicken:
and cute little pieces of bread dipped in EVOO. It tasted soooo good. I ate so much!
We also got the chance to play Cranium. I think that's my favorite board game (besides Monopoly which no one will ever play with me!). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment