Sunday, November 23, 2008

Diet Vacation

These past days I have been off my diet. I was eating whatever I wanted and only exercising when I felt like it.

I had been so strict with myself lately, not allowing myself to eat the foods and drink the drinks that I REALLY wanted - it was starting to get to me. So I took a mini-break from my diet Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, AND Saturday. I need to weigh in tomorrow and I know it won't be pretty, but I made my choices and now it's time to live with them.

Wednesday was R's bday. We ordered pizza. I had pizza, cheezy bread with ranch dressing, and regular Coke.

Thursday I had a healthy breakfast and lunch. But I had leftover pizza for dinner.

Friday I went to Wendy's for lunch and had a spicy chicken sandwich, fries, and a diet pop. (Out of all of my food choices, this was the only one that I felt "guilty" about - and I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe because I used to eat this all the time and it contributed to my huge weight gain in the past?) I just had a frozen meal for my dinner.

Then on Friday night R and I left for our weekend getaway to Soaring Eagle Casino in Mt. Pleasant. So much fun! I thought this "Poinsettia Tree" was so beautiful!



I ate so much food on Saturday that it's sick. We went to the breakfast buffet at 6am (R hadn't even been to bed at this point! He stayed up all night playing poker!!) Then I decided that I wanted to go to the nice gym there in the hotel so I did. (Wow, at least I did ONE healthy thing over my diet break!)



The huge fan in the gym was great!

We had a fun time sitting in the hotel lounge eating wings and pizza while watching the Ohio State v. Michigan game. So relaxing and delish!




For dinner we went to the casino buffet. I didn't take pictures of everything I ate, but to give you an idea of how unhealthy it was: I had THREE desserts. Yikes. It seemed like a great idea at the time...

1 comment:

Blaire said...

That carrot cake looks amazing! For some reason I've been craving a delicious piece of carrot cake!!!