For breakfast I finished off the last of my greek yogurt. I added a little bit of granola to the yogurt. I also had a cup of apple juice. I could eat this for breakfast every single day.
Lunch today was leftovers of shepherd's pie, celery, and hummus.
R is playing poker tonight so this was my plan for after work today:
1) Go to Ann Arbor and get R's birthday gift.
2) Stop by Trader Joe's and pick up some greek yogurt.
3) Go to Whole Foods and enjoy the salad bar for dinner.
4) Stop at Barnes and Noble and browse for awhile. Maybe get a coffee there.
5) Go home and chill out.
Sounds simple enough, right?
On the way to Ann Arbor, it started to pour down rain! I was so nervous driving in that! The truck was on E, so I pulled over in Dexter (very close to Ann Arbor) and was thrilled to see gas at $1.88/gallon. Since this gas station was packed and I was kinda far from home, I decided to not take my purse out of the truck while I filled up the monster truck that I drive around nowadays. So I safely shut and locked the door. After filling up for under $35 (WOO HOO!) I went to get back into my truck only to find it locked and my keys in the purse that was sitting on the passenger seat. Oh no! I freaked out. I tried all of the doors - locked (obvi!). Luckily I had my phone in hand (along with my debit card) so I called R and he told me that even though the keypad on the truck didn't work, I should try it. So he gave me the keypad code and I tried it over and over again - NOTHING. After about the 20th (literally) time of entering the code, I heard a "click" but the door was still locked. R told me to try the passenger side and LUCKILY the passenger door was unlocked! I love that broken keypad so much! Yay, crisis adverted. (Although the birthday surprise is now ruined because of course R wanted to know why I was in Dexter!)
After R assured me on the phone that there was NOTHING he could want as a gift in Ann Arbor (grr!), I went there anyway. I had printed out directions from online, but the directions were either wrong or I completely missed the street that I was supposed to turn on because before I knew it I was lost in the dark and pouring rain in a city I have only personally driven in once before. I drove around Ann Arbor for 45 minutes getting more and more nervous because the store I wanted to go to for R's present closes at 8pm - and it's already 7:30! Finally I find the place (I really don't know how I found it!) but there are NO PARKING SPOTS because it appears that there is both a U of M hockey AND football game tonight. (Do colleges really play on Friday nights? I thought college football was on Saturdays?) But there was something major going on because there were people EVERYWHERE wearing UM clothes, the lights were on at the stadium, and traffic was barely moving (even at green lights!) Luckily I found a parking garage that wasn't full so I parked, ran to the store, and quickly bought R's gift. (Whew!)
I decided I still had time to get to Trader Joe's (which closes at 9pm) but of course, I could NOT figure out how to get back on the highway. I was driving around in circles forever! (Dang football game!) So I just drove and drove until FINALLY I found I-94. Instead of heading to TJ's and whole foods, I decided to just get out of Ann Arbor! I headed back to Jackson (in the rain!) and R asked me to stop by where he was playing poker. So I hung out there for a little while and then came home.
When I got home (after 9pm and VERY HUNGRY!) I threw an Indian meal into the microwave. I had my favorite indian dish - mattar paneer. It was no whole foods salad bar, but it was good.
I had a Heinie to wash it down...
And finally, and old but adorable picture of Lucien:

He really is quite the poker player...
No comments:
Post a Comment