Breakfast: Yogurt (Fat free peach)
Lunch: Leftover bisquick taco pie from saturday; carrots; half of a yellow bell pepper; 2 tbsp light ranch dip
(I took the pic of the taco pie from home while it was still cold. Trust me, it looked much better when I warmed it up at work today. Unfortunately I'm still too embarrassed to take a pic of my food in the lunch room in front of everyone!)
For snack I had a cashew cookie Larabar.
Laura cancelled on the gym today, so I just went straight home after work today. It was kinda nice getting home so early. I went for a nice walk in this gorgeous fall weather. I could barely believe how beautiful it was outside tonight.
For dinner tonight I attempted to make an asian noodle bowl. I was hoping that it would taste as good as at the chinese restaurants, but it didn't. :( Oh well, it was still ok.
I started by defrosting some of the edamame that had been in the freezer since I lived in the apartment in Perrysburg! That whole bowl became just a little bit after I took the shells off!
The first time I made edamame (months ago) I didn't read the directions on the back of the bag, and I just put them in a stirfry like pea pods. They tasted awful! It wasn't until I looked them up online the next day that I learned the shells need to be removed!!! You live and learn I guess. Here's a description of them from wisegeek.com: "Edamame is a popular Asian food which has caught on in other parts of the world as well. It is made from soybeans which are harvested before they start to harden, and then quickly parboiled and frozen to retain their fresh flavor. There are a number of ways to eat edamame, ranging from plain out of hand snacks to processed in sweets and savories."
In a skillet I added the edamame, frozen bell peppers, garlic, dried ginger, and shrimp (this was also from the apartment!).
Then I added some cooked spaghetti to the skillet and a splash of this AI teriyaki marinade that I found in the fridge.
The noodle bowl would've been much better though if I had just used a tiny bit of sesame oil and soy sauce instead of the teriyaki.
No Terminator on TV tonight - Boo!!! I think I'm gonna go settle down with a small bowl of fat free berry sorbet and watch the big band theory on tv with r...
No comments:
Post a Comment