Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Boooooooring....

It's been a pretty boring day, really.

Breakfast: Banana

Starting Friday I think I'm going to try to get up a little bit earlier each morning in order to give me time to cook and enjoy a nice warm breakfast each morning. It seems like lately I'm in such a rush that I barely have time to grab a banana and eat it in the truck on the way to work! (But not tomorrow, because tomorrow is weigh-in day at work. Gotta eat my instant oatmeal after the weigh in! Talk about weight loss motivation - getting on a scale in front of co-workers!)

Lunch: Leftovers!

I know in other food blogs that I read many people don't have leftovers because they only cook exactly what they need for that meal. They say that it's boring to eat the same thing for dinner and then lunch the next day. Not me! I make leftovers ON PURPOSE for that exact reason. I've also noticed that the food usually tastes even better the next day!

I had leftover chili mac - chili with whole wheat wagon wheel pasta. (The pic looks so gross because I packed this meal yesterday while I was cooking dinner and before the chili had a chance it compeltely defrost - so it's still slightly frozen in that pic!)



I also had another banana, celery, and a little bit of cream cheese (to dip my celery sticks in). These celery sticks have been in the fridge for weeks, but they still taste good. Weird.



Snack: Aldi's Fit N Active Carmel Nut protein bar - YUM!

I just didn't feel like cooking when I got home from work today, so I decided to keep it very simple. I took two flour tortillas, 2 slices of american cheese, and a little bit of cooking spray to make a quesadilla. Then I opened up the can of Cuban Style black beans that I got at Trader Joe's on Monday and warmed the beans up in the microwave. I added a dollop of greek yogurt (healthier than sour cream) and a spoonful of salsa to my plate.



The Cuban sytle black beans were pretty good. They had onions, green peppers, garlic, and vinegar already in them.



I'm already looking forward to eating the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

For snack I had a 1/4 cup of trail mix. Gotta love trail mix.

No comments: