Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Best run EVER!

I just had my best run ever!

It wasn't my longest run. (Only went 2.7 miles)

It wasn't my fastest run. (Took 31 minutes)

But for some reason, it was my BEST one. I just felt like a runner tonight. I never feel like a runner! Usually I hate every second of the run, and then feel so amazing afterwards. The runners high - just delayed.

But tonight was DIFFERENT. For the first time, I got a runner's high DURING the run.

It was the perfect temperature. (Not exactly sure what it was, maybe around 60?) So I decided to take my run outside. I went a different way than usual. (Instead of going by the high school, I went down Jefferson Rd. past "Nite Crawlers" bar/grill and down "Ocean Beach" until I reached "Lakeview" and then turned around.) Also, I didn't listen to my iPod until I was more than halfway done with my run, so I had more time to think. And then my mind went almost blank and I got in this cool running ZONE that's only happened to me once or twice.

OK. That's enough about running for now...

For breakfast I had a fat free yogurt.

Lunch was a wrap: whole wheat tortilla, turkey, light miracle whip, and a slice of american cheese.

It was AWESOME! For some reason the whole wheat tort tasted better to me today than it usually does...



I also had half of a red bell pepper with hummus.



At 3pm I had a cashew cookie LaraBar. Man, I LOVE those things!

Dinner tonight was yet ANOTHER attempt to use up some of the taco fixins from the weekend. I had a huge pile of fat free refried beans topped with cheese, a cheese quesadilla, light sour cream, and salsa. It was exactly what I was craving!



A perfect drink for this gorgeous fall evening would've been a Harvest Moon pumpkin ale, but it didn't even sound good tonight. So I stuck with water instead.

Gotta go get some odds n ends done so I can relax and enjoy tonight's debate!

1 comment:

Blaire said...

I am so happy for you that you finally got "the runners high"! That is awesome!