Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Power of Pink Pack

After work today, Laura and I went to the gym and did 10 strength training machines and then burned 200 calories on the EFX.

When I got home at 6:30, I was happy to see that my "pink pack" arrived in the mail! It had a cute bag that I'll use as my gym bag, a sticker, and directions for giving yourself a breast exam. I was pumped!



Even though I had a Cherry LaraBar for snack around 3:30pm, I was really hungry when I got home so I wanted something quick and easy. I decided to use a little of the amazing olive loaf from the farmer's market over the weekend. I decided on a grilled cheese sammie. I made it with cream cheese (a trick I learned from Doc Watson's in Toledo) and some 2% shredded cheddar. (Notice the cream cheese seeping out of the top of the bread?) It was fantastic! I also had some fresh veggies and light ranch dip.







With my dinner I had a beer that I've never tried before: Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale. It was too Awesome!!! Here's what it says on the bottle: "With its clove, nutmeg and allspice flavors, this amber-colored ale is perfect for fall's crisp, clear days."

3 comments:

Blaire said...

I think I am going to copy your grilled cheese! I remember you talking about how great it was at Docs and now seeing it- Delicioso! Seeing your pumpkin beer makes me excited for Halloween!

Brooke said...

You should definitely go for the cream cheese grilled cheese - it's the best!!!

I heart Halloween!

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I'm so glad to be back!!!

Rob said...

Lara cherry is great, but you also might like to try the Kardea gourmet nutrition bar. 7g fiber, 7g protein, 1g plant sterol esters, vegetarian, dairy-free. We would be glad to send you a taste sample. customerservice@kardeanutrition.com