Sunday, August 03, 2008

I FINALLY DID IT!

I ran my first 5k on the treadmill!!!!



This picture includes my .1 mile walking warm up. (Which I did at a very slow speed.) I'm soooo happy that I've finally actually done it and now I'm ready to improve my speed!!! My running pace was 5.1mph. (It says 4.7mph because that includes my warmup.) [Oh, and ignore the heartrate because I wasn't holding on to the heartrate pads.]

(I did need to stop halfway through to get my camera and get a quick drink. That took 2 minutes. Since I pressed "Stop" on the treadmill to do that, it's not reflected in the workout summary picture above.)

My playlist:

Lean Like a Cholo by Down (LOL!)
Lose Yourself by Eminem
Mamma Mia performed by Meryl Streep
Ladies and Gentleman by Hot Hot Heat
Radar by Britney Spears
I Run for Life by Melissa Etheridge

I had just downloaded "I Run for Life" before I got on the treadmill. Once I got to that song, I just started SOBBING while I was running! I had quite a few other songs that I was planning on listening to, but I just listened to that song over and over and over again for the last mile. It was impossible to quit running while I was listening to that song!!!

No comments: