Sunday, June 08, 2008

Soaring Eagle

After Frankenmuth we drove to Mt. Pleasant to go to Soaring Eagle casino. We had fun playing black jack (where I won a bit!) and playing poker (where I lost my black jack winnings). It was AWESOME that R won enough at poker to pay for the food and hotel rooms for all four of us for the whole weekend!

We had a VERY LATE dinner (11:00pm) at the casino buffet. It was good, but not great. I just don't dig buffets.



I started off with a salad with tons of stuff on it.



For my second plate I had mac n' cheese and mashed potatoes. I had a bite of the mini egg rolls but they didn't taste right so I gave 'em away.



The best part of the meal was dessert. I had a square of turtle cheesecake and a YUMMY piece of carrot cake.

We stayed at a Super 8 (the casino hotel was sold out!) which was actually pretty nice cuz they had a shuttle to and from the casino. (Which is supposed to cost $5 but I was able to ride free cuz I'm a teacher...)

It was so fun. But it was a late night and an early morning, so now I'm beat!!

No comments: