Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A Little Down

This morning for breakfast I made some whole wheat pancakes with maple syrup. I'm glad that they were filling, but they didn't taste that great to me this morning. I wasn't really in the mood for pancakes, but I need to use up that whole grain pancake/waffle mix that I bought awhile ago...



After working at school for awhile, I started feeling blah. I was feeling a little depressed going through all of my files, and I was given my "termination of employment" paper. (It's not as bad as it sounds - it's just a paper that my principal filled out stating that I left because I was moving.) It took me a few hours to go through all of my files because everyone kept coming in and talking, saying goodbye for the millionth time, etc. After texting R, he convinced me to just leave early for the day. I'll just have to finish clearing out my classroom tomorrow!

I really really wanted to get Chipotle and/or pizza on the way home, but I decided against it. Instead I went to the library. I got four videos and a book to cheer me up. I got Hairspray, the Jane Austen Book Club, I Am Legend, and Love in the Time of Cholera. The book was "Wednesday Night Witches."



So I went home (I was home by 2pm!), popped in a load of laundry, put in Hairspray, and put together my lunch. I had a bowl of B's lentil/pea soup. It was yummy comfort food and it hit the spot! (I also added a little reduced fat cheese and a few drops of zesty chipotle ranch!) And I had another salad.

2 comments:

Blaire said...

Did you get new dishes?? I didn't remember the blue! Anyway, it looks so pretty! Especially your salad! Running and weight training tonight!:o)

Brooke said...

Thanks for such a yummy lunch!

Mom got the dishes for R at Christmas. :)