I had quite a few "old" veggies in my fridge that I needed to use up before they went bad. So despite the fact that oatmeal sounded fantastic for breakfast, I decided to make a vegetable omelet - and I'm so glad I did!
I chopped and cooked the last portobella mushroom, the last bit of red pepper, and some onion. Then I took that out of the pan and added two eggs that I had mixed up with a fork. I let this set for a little bit and then I added back the veggies to the one side of the omelet. Then after a minute, I flipped the top onto the omelet and put it all on my plate. Topped it with salsa, tomato, and green onion.
It tasted great and was a nice change. (Although a bit of cheese and sour cream would've made it even better!)
No comments:
Post a Comment