This morning as I looked through a filthy lunch box that one of my first grade students had proudly packed for himself, I wanted to cry. When I asked him if he wanted one of our (free) school lunches to go with the packed lunch, he assured me that since he had packed he didn't need a school lunch.
It reminded me how truly lucky I am to be an adult with control over my food choices and the money and resources I need to buy food I like and that's healthy.
I had another french vanilla shake for breakfast this morning. They are so convenient - but unfortunately that was my last one and I'm not planning on going to the store again until the weekend. I really should just start making my breakfasts every morning...
2 comments:
Oh my goodness... that is so incredibly sad! Are you able to pick up a free lunch for him or talk to his guardian about the free lunches the school can provide?
He eats our free school lunches every day, but today he decided he wanted to pack his own lunch. I tried to convince him that he could have both his packed lunch and our free lunch, but he insisted that he only wanted his packed one. :(
(His mom is quite a piece of work. It makes me wonder what their dinners at home are like...)
Post a Comment