I decided to try something different with my oatmeal breakfast this morning because I wanted to save calories by omitting peanut butter.
I decided to add frozen raspberries (which have been sitting unopened in my freezer for months!) and a little honey. I usually add vanilla soy milk to my oatmeal, but I had finished off the carton yesterday so I decided to open another something that had been sitting around in my cupboards since my last trip to Trader Joes a few months ago: Vanilla RICE milk. The rice milk was pretty good, but a little thinner than my soy milk. It was more like skim milk than soy milk. I prefer my soy milk, but this rice stuff will not go to waste!
The soy and rice milk are $1.69 for each carton at TJ. I don't drink that much of it, so it's a pretty good deal. But I LOVE the fact that the unopened boxes can just sit in my cupboards waiting for me to use...
Overall, the breakfast was OK, but not nearly as good as oatmeal with PB and banana!
No comments:
Post a Comment