Saturday, April 05, 2008

Squeakers! (And grocery shopping!)

For lunch today R and I decided to go to Squeakers! (The vegan cafe/health food store in Bowling Green!)



I chose to get the special of the day: Tofu lasagna, garlic toast, and a salad with "goddess" dressing - all for $7.95. It was great - it even TASTED healthy. The tofu in the lasagna tasted EXACTLY like ricotta cheese! But for me, the highlight of the meal was the amazing "Goddess" salad dressing on the fresh side salad.

R is being 100% supportive of my decision to go veg. He chose a "Soy Riblet" BBQ sammie (at only $4.95). He enjoyed it!



Afterwards we went to Mejer for grocery shopping. I spent $30, which is a bit more than I had budgeted, but I was physically unable to leave the store until I bought some goddess dressing (yes, I'm obsessed with it!). The dressing alone was almost $4, but WELL WORTH IT! Tempeh wasn't on my shopping list either, but when I saw that they had it (I didn't think they would! I thought I would have to go to the health food store for it!) for only $3 I felt like I couldn't pass it up! Oh, and ALMOST everything I bought was organic!

No comments: