Mmmmm....
This pizza was just TOO GOOD. Dare I say I enjoyed it more than most delivery pizzas???
I used a package of whole wheat pizza dough from Trader Joe's (Only $.99!). I took the ball of dough and divided it into four portions. I was able to individually freeze three portions for future pizzas! So really, this dough for tonights pizza cost me a quarter!
After I spread the dough out pretty thin, I just piled the crust with anything in my fridge that sounded Mediterrean! Basil pesto & a brushetta mix were the sauce, I put some fresh spinach, oil packed sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta, oregano, pepper, and drizzled a tiny bit of olive oil on top. I let it cook for about 6 minutes and then I added the pine nuts. I cooked it for about 8 more minutes and it was good to go. Couldn't have been easier or tastier...
I think I'll be experimenting with pizzas quite a bit in the future, especially since I know I have enough dough for three more pizzas waiting for me in the freezer!
I didn't have an after school snack today! Right after school I went to Target to get a placemat and a few new dishes (spend $15) and by the time I got home it was time to make and eat dinner!
After dinner I grabbed a small handful of trail mix. I just love the combo of salty & sweet...
I'm looking forward to eating out on tomorrow. (Notice I didn't eat out all week - WOO HOO! Often I'll stop somewhere just to get something quick if I'm really hungry, but there was no need for that this week because I had well thought out meal plans & I'm totally motivated to eat healthier and lose weight!) R said that Mexican food sounded good for tomorrow - MY FAVORITE!!! He also said a vegetarian restaurant would be fine too. (This is actually probably a wiser choice than the yummy Mexican food...) Usually R and I eat out for both lunch AND dinner on Saturdays, but since R is hard core dieting right now, we're thinking about maybe just eating out once - we'll see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment