180.4 Pounds
Sundays are the best. Sitting here on the couch, relaxing, cooking, being lazy and not even feeling guilty about it. This weekend was strange but fun. R and I drove up to Cedar Point with a trunk full of bathing suits, towels, extra pillows, and suitcases expecting to spend the weekend at the Breakers Hotel. We get there and the guy at the gate says we aren't on the list but he lets us in anyway. We've probably stayed at this hotel almost 10 times and we have ALWAYS been on the list, so we knew there was a problem. We parked the car and checked the reservation. Oct 27, 28. Yuck. So R said we would just get a room anyway. We walk through their long hallway and it was soooo great - all decorated in this old time halloween stuff. These old black and white photos that change into monsters and stuff when you look at them in a certain way. The lounge looks like its straight out of the 1800s and it all filled with skulls and cobwebs. We get up to the desk and of course, they are sold out. And she tells us that ALL of the Cedar Point properties are sold out. Oh well. We went into the park and went to this cool haunted house - The Vampires Lair. It's almost more like a goth club than a haunted house, but I was still totally scared! We walked around a few minutes after that and then just went to Chilis for dinner (I got a Mesquite Grilled Chicken Salad - YUMM!) and went home!
But back to today. I love going to the grocery store on Sundays, but I have SOOO much food here at the apartment that I am not allowing myself to go buy more until I eat up what I have. So I was sitting here planning meals and watching the NAKED CHEF! I fell in love with Jamie Oliver the naked chef back in college, but I didn't know it was still on! I found it on the BBC this morning at 10am and then again at 1030! Rachael Ray is gonna be on at 1130 - yay.
Breakfast: Delicious Organic Red Plum that I bought at Whole Foods last Sunday but was still fresh
Lunch: Homemade Mac n' Cheese
Dinner: Scrambled Eggs (Egg Substitute); Sprout Bread toasted with a little natural organic peanut butter
Dessert: 2 fig newmans, a glass of Orleans Hill Sulfite Free Organic Wine (This may be the best wine ever!! $9.99 at whole foods - should have bought a case of it!)
I am also planning on exercising today. Not quite sure yet if I'll be making it to the gym or just riding my bike to the recycling center while I drop off some cardboard.
My goal is to lose four pounds this week, which may be a little tricky considering I'm going out of town for a conference on Wednesday. I can do it...
PS After reading my sisters blog I just can't wait to go to Mi Hacienda in Perrysburg! I am totally obsessed with Mexican food and I can't wait to try it! Maybe next week...
No comments:
Post a Comment