Monday, September 17, 2007

One Week Down!!

180.4 Pounds

I know that this is what I weighed the other day, but I don't care, I'm happy! 4.2 pounds lost in one week! I feel so good about the decisions that I've been making regarding food this week. I'm looking forward to improving even more and losing even more weight.

I really am eating less than I used to eat!

Breakfast: Green Goddess Smoothie
Snack: No Snack
Lunch: Spinach Pie, Carrots with Hummus, Green Goddess Smoothie
Snack: No Snack
Dinner: Blue Corn Organic Chips, Guacamole (too much Guacamole); 1 glass red wine
Dessert: 2 Fig Newmans

I'm actually pretty proud of that amount of food. I used to eat so much more than that! Maybe the difference is the fact that the food I'm eating is SOOO good. It really is quality over quanity. I'm looking forward to some yummy foods tomorrow, too. I don't think I should think about food as much as I do, but I just love it soooo much.

What I really do need improvement on is my exercise. I really am not getting enough movement or exercise. I think if I take off MTW and then exercise pretty hard Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, then that would make a big difference.

I really liked the fact that I did NOT eat out today. (That is very rare on days that I work two jobs!) It's almost sad, but I feel proud of the fact that I didn't grab any fastfood today and I'm not planning on getting any tomorrow. (I'm planning on having some yummy leftover spaghetti with parm cheese tomorrow - I LOVE parm cheese! I know cheese is not vegan, but I'm taking things one step at a time, crawling before walking, etc.)

I loved having a glass of red wine tonight! It was so delicous and it made me feel good. I don't feel bad about it, either. In fact, I'm planning on having one glass of red wine EVERY NIGHT. (I've heard that one glass of wine a day actually improves your health.)

I'm happy. I have energy. I am hopeful that I will lose weight relatively quickly.

Progress, not perfection...

No comments: